Vision: “A society where all people have access to a life of dignity, devoid of absolute poverty”
Mission: “To create wealth and prosperity in Kenya through value driven programmes that enhance capacity and sector coordination, sustainability and citizen’s voices at all levels.”
- Respect for human rights, Diversity equity and justice for all: PEN respects the rights of all people to determine their own destiny and development, irrespective of ethnicity, social status, religion, age or gender.
- Respect for the innate potential, dignity and ability of all people to make their own lives: Our communities and stakeholders have the ability to design and make their own future
- Participation: PEN respects the beliefs and wisdom of our stakeholders/partners, apply participatory approaches that build upon existing knowledge and skills, and ensures ownership and control of outputs remains with them.
- Transparency and Accountability: PEN ensures that its assets and resources are used exclusively for the achievement of its mission and consistent with its values. We are open in all our transactions and accountable for our expenditures and impact.
- Concern for a healthy and clean environment: PEN promotes technologies that build upon indigenous knowledge and resources, while regenerating and protecting the environment, ensuring people’s health and safety.
To drive the stated vision and mission, PEN has set up three strategic aims or pillars of engagement:
Strategic Aim 1: To build a robust civil society sector (CSO) sector influencing development agenda in Kenya
Strategic Aim 2: To strengthen democracy and governance with increased response of governments to rights and needs of citizens
Strategic Aim 3: To enhance resilience of citizens to environmental and economic shocks particularly those that are related to climate change.